Membership is free to all residents of Ontario.
Becoming a Member
Register for your Library Membership Card
- Apply online or in person at any of our 6 branches
- Present applicable ID to complete registration
- Sign your card accepting the terms (parents or legal guardians sign for children under 12 years)
- Library cards expire once a year and you must visit a branch in person to renew your card
- You are responsible for the use and return of all Library materials
- When you borrow items you are agreeing to pay fees for materials not returned on time, damaged or lost
- Contact us immediately if your card is lost or stolen to prevent others from using your membership
- New bestsellers & DVDs: 7 days
- DVD series: 14 days
- Other books: 21 days
- Borrow up to 50 items
- Renew items if not reserved
- Late DVDs: $1 per day
- All other late items: 25¢ per day to a maximum of $10 per item
- Damaged or lost items: replacement fee varies per item
- Lost card replacement fee: $2
- Fees can be paid at any Branch
- Cash, personal cheque or debit card accepted
Your PIN is your Personal Identification Number and serves as a security check when you try to access your library record online. You need it in order to check your library record and to renew items online.
Replace a lost, stolen or damaged card
Report all lost, stolen or damaged library cards to (905) 793-4636 or visit any Brampton Library location as soon as possible so it can be blocked to prevent others from using it. There is a $2.00 replacement fee.